You can either book an appointment by coming in to the surgery and seeing the receptionist, or you can telephone 01634-406607.
You can also book appointments online, but initially you will need to come to the Surgery in person with some photographic ID to register for this service. We strongly encourage to do this so as to avoid the telephone bottleneck in the morning for appointments.
If there are no appointments available, the receptionist may need to obtain clinical information from you to pass to the doctor, so that the doctor can decide how best to deal with your request.
Doctor’s appointments are only booked up to a week in advance.
Your responsibilities to us are:
- To attend punctually for appointments.
- Not to request urgent appointments for routine matters.
- To be willing to accept telephone advice or a prescription if the doctor feels this is more appropriate than a face-to-face consultation.
- To cancel in good time if you are unable to attend, so that someone else can have your appointment.
- To be willing to attend elsewhere when there are no appointments available at the surgery and the doctor or nurse refers you there.
Persistent failure to attend appointments may result in your removal from the practice list. You will then be obliged to find another doctor.